TheÂ Canadian Concussion Collaborative (CCC) is comprised of nine health related organizations and is chaired by the Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise Medicine:
- The Canadian Association of Emergency PhysiciansÂ (CAEP)
- The Canadian Academy of Sport and Exercise MedicineÂ (CASEM)
- The Canadian Center for Ethics in SportsÂ (CCES)
- The Canadian Medical AssociationÂ (CMA)
- The Canadian Paediatric SocietyÂ (CPS)
- The Canadian Physiotherapy AssociationÂ (CPA)
- The College of Family Physicians of CanadaÂ (CFPC)
- The Ontario Medical Association Sport Medicine SectionÂ (OMA)
- ParachuteÂ (includes the formerÂ Think First)
The CCC has released “Recommendations for policy development regarding sport-related concussion prevention and management in Canada” (P. Fremont et al., 2014).
The article recommends concussion protocols at all levels of sport in Canada, including situations in which timely or sufficient medical care is not immediately available.